Tuesday 8 March 2011

Sunny side up

Blue skies today and its getting well into march so here's hoping that spring is finally on its way here. As it stands my garden needs a heck of allot work done, need to move some of my planting beds and mainly just a bit of maintenance and tidying up really.

But soon I hope to have it all swinging along in a little while, hopefully be eating home produce in the near future. One big surprise is my little fig tree, which has figuratively exploded despite the cloudy days and cold weather, it’s doing pretty well on its little south-facing wall. Bought some strawberries over the weekend hopefully will be placing them out in their little hanging basket soon, they did quite well last spring but struggled over summer so I’ll be taking a little extra care with them this year.

One lesson learned from last year is to be vigilant against pests, cabbage whites slaughtered my brassicas last year and a pair of feathery bastards laid waste to my blueberries. I think to combat this i need some form of fortifications, castles and battlements maybe a bit to far, but some sort of net systems definably merits some thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment