Saturday 19 March 2011

A lengthy break...

Sorry it's been such a while between posting, not had much time. I'm sadly leaving the press as
my contract slowly but surely heads towards termination. But hey, I’m sure I’ll be able to loot the store cupboards on the way out. I’ve enjoyed my six months and it’s certainly been informative. This last week has mainly been spent tying up any loose ends and training my replacement, they even had the gall too replace me with somebody actually called Stephen, like its my mark II or something, in the ways of the press and Scotland road.

It’s a daft method of employment really, just as you get your groove and make your contracts your six is up and off you trot. Annoying as I’ve just figured out how too soothe the old girls at the VNC, a careful blend of distraction and deception, probably best I scarper before my look runs out.

I’ll defiantly miss some of the characters there, working with Jon Power (the jury is out on whether or not he’s a cyborg [he so is]) has been an absolute delight. The big question now is what do I do? Well preferably I would want to carry on in print but simply finding a job is proving a real challenge, I mean I never expected a job in this old chemical town but certainly one in Liverpool or Manchester. Bah, so bored of this economy.

Anyway it is a fantastically lovely day and I’m stuck inside typing and covering a desk lol, old friends are bring up old songs and mirth is in the air. Today is a good day to drink outside.

Tomorrow however, the day I have to my self , is set to rain so once again the plans to clean up the garden fall on the back burner, hey I still may just preserver, I really need to get at it.

Anyway due to the fact people liked it alot last time here's a picture if a cat, This is Gatsby and he dosen't like seeing me leave in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment