Thursday 10 March 2011

Growing an stuff..


Well after my initial jubilations at the first glimpse of sun have been quashed slightly by a complete lack of any warmth in the slightest, ah the temptation to move to sunnier climes, that said everybody is moving off these days at least 80% of my friends now live in York.
I am actually very tempted to move abroad, I don’t like the UK anymore it's fallen a little too far, I fancy yanksville but the lack of a public health system worries me a lot (knowing my luck I would suffer a terrible accident as soon as I settle), but I should be able to secure a visa quite easy. Europe temps me, particularly France, so much so that I’ve taken to learning to language (badly and self taught of course). 
But anyway, away from pipe dreams and back to my scrap of north England that I can call my own, I do really like my house, it’s a lovely little thing. I just wish it could be in a nicer town.
But back to the green, as spring still hasn’t really kicked in there hasn’t been much gardening to get on with, all I have is a window ledge and that’s a little full at the minute.
 Asparagus babies, sage and thyme and strawberries taking up all the space.. 
 And pride of place my fig tree, a queue is starting to back up a little now with a lot of things needing to be planted, chard and PSB (purple sprouting broccoli) being the big things, I want another crack a chili peppers and I think I’ll grow some cucumbers this year, mainly to pickle for home made summer burgers on the barbeque. I have a few things growing outside, my garlic seems to be doing well, and the blueberries are budding nicely. I’ll have a good crack at the garden this weekend and get some pictures, hmmm I need a container big enough for a plum tree...

And here for no reason is one of my cats enjoy,

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ste,
    Good to see that you've busted your way into the publishing industry. Oddly so have I - working at a magazine in Vancouver atm.. If you are looking to move abroad then I would totally recommend Canada. Though it is quite expensive there are a lot more publishing/magazine/journalism opportunities. only thing is that you will miss your family (I do) and Cadbury's chocolate (I really do!)
    Hope you are well.
    Alicia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Well Cadbury's quality has slipped a little with the takeover really haha. Well out of job in two weeks hoping to go with the BBC depends really... who knows? Interstering working for this paper, nice being in charge, shame its a bit of a ramshackle operation also makes me laugh that my uni mag had more resources.

    Yeah we have considered canada, don't know why but i fancy Boston MA, Donna fancy's Germany/Austria. Yeah we probs won't move. i'm hardcore so won't miss things too much haha.
    Nice hearing from you, Stephen x

    ReplyDelete