Wednesday 9 February 2011

Hello and welcome,


Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Stephen Green and I am an aspiring writer/journalist.
I work for a small community newspaper based in Liverpool, while it gives me a good platform and a place to sharpen my wordplay. Artistically and creatively I'm feeling a little stifled.

That's where this comes in, a chance to reach out and spill the contents of my head upon the world without being reprimanded by an editorial board. Whilst this blog will lack a direction so to speak, intentionally of course, there will be a number of re-occurring themes. In prime place I suppose will be my love of growing your own, I like to cook and I like to eat well, and by growing your own food I think you can add a little provenance to your food.

Now while I have dabbled with growing in the past, potatoes, garlic and onions, as well as the ubiquitous herbs, I have never really had a fully functioning kitchen garden. Now with spring looming and cash in the back pocket I intend to end the year with a good harvest.

Now don't be fazed, there will be other things, my love for books and video games among others. To break up the text I also pledge to carpet the place with photographs galore. All no doubt taken with the 'Hipstamatic' app on my iPhone, have you used it? Cutting edge tech bastardised to produce lo-fi over exposed prints, perfect.

But that's enough for now, welcome to ink & wine I hope you enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment