Monday 28 February 2011

Canal life

Took the wrong bus into work today and ended up down a road I don't know, recognised the old heritage market tho and headed out for it. The heritage market is a fantastic old building, I think it used to a US army depot in the second world war. I have also heard tales of Elenor Rooservelt being stationed there for a time.


From the heritage market I knew all I had to do was head north, pointless even deciding that, its not like I had a compass, and soon I would hit Vauxhall Road. What I didn't bank on was bumping into the canal, fantastic as I knew it would snake up to just below the vauxy.
As soon as I happened upon the canal the sun broke and the place brightened up, the canalside side is actually quite clean considering the state of the scotland road area in general. I saw a few maintance workers hard at work and its nice to know that at least some people care about the state of their local area.


Their was also some pretty groovery graffiti on one of the canal walls, as it was a pretty sprawling bit of artwork it was hard to capture, but I gave it ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment