Wednesday 28 March 2012

Cafe

As I have been tearing though my garden of late, getting everything ready for a nice summer. Well judging by the march weather we've been having this is probably our summer now.

In my garden i have an old coffee table, not sure why I bought it, its not the prettiest item. Now the dilemma is this, its a little too large to fit in a wheelie bin. Throws a spanner into the whole clear out plan really. After ripping its legs of and cutting it down I was feeling pretty triumphant.

It still Does not fit.

It's now the only thing left in my garden that's not growing or sitting related. But while watching 'Le Salvager' the other week I was hit with twin bolts of inspiration. Not only would I re purpose the table, a drew an idea for a sign from a 'cafe' in the opening credits. Because the table lacks legs, it is essentially just a big wooden sign, so i drew up a stencil and opened some rather fetching paint.


the stencil in situ
red equals class

Stay tuned as I'll be adding to it here and there over the weeks to come

No comments:

Post a Comment